Westfield's Live Greener Fair
Sunday, April 24th
1pm – 4pm
North Avenue train station lot
Enjoy a fun-filled afternoon for participants of all ages with hands-on activities that demonstrate ways to incorporate simple, sustainable practices into your daily lives.
- Learn how to give your old t-shirts a second life by turning them into “Tees 2 Totes” bags. Children should come with a t-shirt to be transformed.
- Get your hands dirty making a biodegradable plant holder filled with soil and plant a seedling to take home.
- If you’ve ever wondered whether those plastic bottle caps are actually recyclable, test your knowledge at the Recycling Game. Then, see how a compost bin works up close, and see if you can guess what goes into it versus the garbage.
- Is vegetarian food your thing? Stop by for a list of vegetarian dishes available at local restaurants – you may discover a dish that you never knew about!
- Children can learn what a healthy plate of food looks like through a hands-on coloring activity.
- If you’re into fashion but are tired of all that online ordering, check out the students of Westfield High School in the town’s first Secondhand Fashion Show and be inspired to re-use rather than buy new. Outfits will be sourced from thrift clothes donated from the Westfield Service League.
- If you are considering an electric vehicle and have questions, come talk to resident electric car owners and hear the benefits firsthand!