- Acts as the secretary to the municipal corporation and custodian of the municipal seal and of all minutes, books, deeds, bonds, contracts, and archival records of the municipal corporation.
- Acts as secretary to the governing body prepare meeting agendas at the discretion of the governing body, is present at all meetings of the governing body, records the minutes of every such meeting.
- Serves as a chief administrative officer in all elections held in the municipality and chief registrar of voters in the municipality, subject to the requirements of Title 19 of the Revised Statutes.
- Serves as the administrative officer responsible for the acceptance of applications for licenses and permits and the issuance of licenses and permits, except where statute or municipal ordinance has delegated that responsibility to some other municipal officer.
- Serves as coordinator and records manager responsible for implementing local archives and records retention programs as mandated pursuant to Title 47 of the Revised Statutes.
- Performs such other duties that may be imposed by state statutes and regulations or municipal ordinances or regulations.
For Building permits please call the Building Department at 908-789-4125.
The Goal of the Department
It is our goal to serve and assist the residents and general public in a professional, courteous, friendly manner and to provide necessary information to the Governing Body, Administrator, and all Municipal Departments. If you have any questions, please email, call or stop by our office on the first floor of Town Hall.