- Downtown Westfield
- Our Town
- About Westfield
Westfield, New Jersey is a classic town for modern families. Noted for its beautiful downtown area, excellent school system, and convenient commute to New York City, it offers residents the attractions of fine suburban living with an easy route to metropolitan New York. A large segment of its residents commute daily to business in New York and Newark. Excellent train and bus service combined with easy access to the metropolitan highway network provides commuters with fast and efficient transportation. View a YouTube video showing why you're going to love this Town!
With its charming, Great American Main Street award-winning downtown and prestigious school system, Westfield is a town that all residents can be proud to call home. The Victorian and Colonial-style homes that reflect its rich historical character complement the broad, tree-lined streets of this small picturesque community. Within this peaceful landscape, you will find lush parks and golf courses, and an endless array of recreational facilities for children as well as adults.
Downtown Westfield is a vibrant shopping and dining destination, home to:
- Over 450 fine stores, restaurants, and services
- Trader Joe's
- Urban Outfitters
Discover Westfield's unique shops, stylish boutiques, and delicious upscale and casual eating establishments.
Settled by immigrants from Europe in 1720, Westfield was once a popular trail for the Lenni-Lenape Indians whose heritage remains in the names of many existing streets and parks. Originally known as the West Fields of Elizabethtown, the community gradually took its own identity and finally, in 1903 was incorporated as the Town of Westfield. It is a developed community of 6.29 miles with 211 acres devoted to parks.
Westfield has been able to sustain the residential tradition begun in the late 19th century, with several areas officially designates as historic. The town continues to draw prosperous residents to its attractive neighborhoods, many of whom are:
- Famous artists and musicians
- High government officials
- Sports personalities
- Wall Street and pharmaceutical executives
See What the Press Has to Say About Us!
- "Charming Westfield could be the best downtown in the state. See why." - NJ.com, November 6, 2018. It's a classic town for modern families. And, it's among the top five finalists vying to be crowned the best downtown in New Jersey on NJ.com.
- "Westfield, NJ., Where Small Town Meets Urban" - The New York Times, September 7, 2016. The appeal of Westfield for NYC transplants is understandable, as Westfield offers a bustling downtown, a vibrant cultural scene, and good transportation options - along with attractive homes, well-regarded schools, and a sense of community.
- "Our Favorite Downtowns: Westfield" - New Jersey Monthly, September Issue 2015. Westfield encompasses 1 million square feet of retail space, giving the town a mall-like variety with the charm of a downtown.
- "Happiest Cities in New Jersey" - Credit Donkey, November 3, 2014. Ranked Number 3 of the top ten, with best scores in low crime and high median income.
- "The coolest places in New Jersey for New Yorkers" - trade your NYC neighborhood for its Jersey equivalent with this essential guide. Time Out NY, June 4, 2014
- "Westfield's mix of cosmopolitan and bucolic draws young families from New York and Hoboken, as well as the grown children of longtime residents." - The Wall Street Journal, NY Real Estate Residential Section, January 14, 2012.
- "Best Places to live - The Top 20 Towns" - NJ Monthly, August 15, 2011. Ranked Number 1 in medium size towns population size 30,000 - 69,999, Number 11 overall in state.
- Reader's Choice Awards, Best of the Best Restaurants 2011 Names Two Westfield Restaurants, Limani Seafood Grill and Xocolatz" - TheAlternativePress.com, December 5, 2011
- "Opening night of The Tribeca Film Festival in Westfield was a stellar success" - Westfield Patch, October 22, 2011.
- "2010 Top High Schools" - NJ Monthly, August 16, 2010. Ranked Number 41 out of 322.
- "The preppy, Main Street-vibe of downtown Westfield is the perfect alternative to the hassle and drear of the mall. And because it's a bona fide dining town, refueling is easy-and requires no food court." - NJ Monthly, Day Trip: Westfield, February 17, 2010.
- "Westfield Wins America in Bloom" - Westfield Patch, October 14, 2010
- "A Cozy Town That Appeals to All Generations" - NY Times, September 11, 2009
- "Best Dining Towns - Westfield" - NJ Monthly, January 31, 2008
- "Westfield presents a pleasant melange of luxury shopping and dining areas and bucolic charm." - The Star Ledger, On the Town, August 18, 2006