OPRA Requests

The Town Clerk's office is the "keeper" of public records. Any individual or firm may request to view or obtain copies of public records as provided by N.J.S.A. 47:1A1. Requests for public records are administered through the Town Clerk's office, Zoning office, Health Department, and Police Records Department. Anyone requesting copies of public records must complete an OPRA form. 


A fee is charged for copies. Some records are immediately available during normal business hours, while other, more complex records will require time to compile and might require an additional fee to make the copies requested, but will normally be available within 7 business days.

Seeking Construction Permit or Other Property Information?

You can obtain immediate online access, without filing an OPRA request, by visiting  our Property Information page and using the search tool. Some of the property information you will find includes:

  • Building Permits
  • Last Sale Price
  • Net Assessed Value
  • Property Class

For full details, you will be redirected to the website for our vendor, Spatial Data Logic, where you will be asked to set up an account to proceed.